As a complement to his/her major, a student from other program may be eligible to declare an Economics minor. A minimum of 48 credits from Economics program courses is required for a minor.
Required courses for minor:
– Complete one of two courses (6 credits):
– MAT 131.1 Linear Algebra and Analytic Geometry for Economics
– MAT 132 Mathematics for business and economics I
– ECO 112.1 Intro to Microeconomic Theory (6 credits)
– ECO 122.1 Intro to Macroeconomic Theory (6 credits)
– ECO 215.1 Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory (6 credits)
– ECO 217.1 Intermediate Microeconomic Theory (6 credits)
– ECO320.1 Intro to Econometrics (6 credits)
– Two upper level (300- or 400-level) required or elective courses offered by Economics Department (12 credits)
DECLARING A MINOR
In order to apply for a minor, students must present a minimum GPA of 3.0 in their majors. The student should obtain permission from the Coordinator of the major program and the Coordinator of Economics program before declaring a minor. A student may apply for a minor only after the first year of study is completed. Students should pick up an application form from the Registrar Office, and submit it to the same office after completing the form and obtaining the appropriate signatures.
With approval from Economics Program Coordinator, a student will take a final exam, according to the Department’s exams schedule. Final exam includes questions on microeconomics, macroeconomics, and econometrics.