The goals of the Master’s Program in Economics of AUCA
The goals of the program were developed taking into account their coherence with the AUCA mission. So, according to the mission, the program prepares highly educated leaders and managers with modern economic thinking.
The Master’s program is open to stakeholder proposals and is ready to take appropriate actions to revise and adjust the program’s objectives if necessary.
The educational program “Master of Economics” is aimed at:
1. Preparation of highly qualified specialists with modern economic thinking, deep theoretical knowledge and practical skills (G1)
2. Development in students the ability to independently conduct economic research and present their results (G2)
3. Providing the best local and international teachers in the field of economics in order to train and inspire the creativity and critical thinking of the best local and foreign students. (G3)
4. Integration into the international educational space (G4)
5. Stimulation of the research work of teachers with the participation of master degree students; and also stimulation the use of skills and results of science research in the teaching process. (G5)
In the medium and long term, the Master’s Program in Economics of AUCA aims to promote:
1. Creating a foundation for the training of economists in Central Asia, who, after further training at the doctoral level, will study and analyze the economic issues of the region, conduct research and do publications in world-class scientific journals.
2. Creating a sustainable foundation and increasing the attractiveness of the region for the return of highly skilled graduates who have gone to study and work abroad. The experience of other countries, such as Russia, Turkey, Southeast Asian countries, Argentina, shows the importance of such programs to reduce brain drain and stimulate return migration.
3. Improving the quality of the analytical documents that being developed by young economists.
4. Enhance the level of education and research capacity of the country.
Educational program results
The program makes seeks to create the most favorable conditions and an academic atmosphere for students in order to promote high learning outcomes and improve the quality of their graduates. Training on the program (as well as in the whole university) is carried out in English, which greatly expands the possibility of access to information resources and makes graduates the most popular and competitive workforce in the job market. When developing the competence and the curriculum, international and Kyrgyz standards were taken into account. Graduate of the Master of Economics program of AUCA should have the following competencies:
1. To be able to analyze the interconnection of economic phenomena, processes and policies, using the obtained fundamental knowledge of modern economic theory (R1)
2. To be able to identify problems of an economic nature and propose ways to solve them (R2)
3. To be able to prepare analytical materials for evaluating economic policy and strategic decision-making at the micro and macro level (R3)
4. To be able to select, process, analyze and interpret data of socio-economic statistics (R4)
5. To be able to generalize and critically evaluate the results obtained by domestic and foreign researchers, to identify prospective directions, to compile a research program (R5)
6. To be able to conduct independent theoretical and empirical economic studies using econometric models and computer programs (R6).
7. To be able to present the results of analytical and research work in oral and written form (R7)
8. Have the skills of critical and objective thinking and ability to work in a team (R8)